Friday, January 3, 2014

First month change

I am quite amused for the title I have selected for my blog . It feels like I am pregnant and looking for changes in my body with the fetus dancing inside me.
So, Its been more than a month now I am in USA. Unlike my previous trips to foreign lands this one is giving me complete chance to interact with the city. I don't think so that there are myriad changes ,I have always been a solitary reaper so here I am more into myself. Not a big deal !
I am not cribbing at all for all the walking that I have to do daily.Yes temperature is a little extreme, but it can be worse. I find it beautiful outside and I like walking when snow falls on me.
One thing I dont like is ,my office bag has become heavier than before. Apart from the laptop and other things it has gloves, muffler, few snacks, few arbit boxes,old food material etc. But its manageable .
I dont like the fact that subways here dont cater mobile signals. For god sake, we are living in 21st century . My reading time has not reduced. I read in bus and in train. Keeping myself educated. :D
I was never a shopping freak ,so you send me to New york or Paris or Sierra Nevada I am going to buy only the necessary things for myself. Though seeing all those world class showrooms on 5th avenue and the park avenue is an experience in itself.
Food: One of the most important factor !!

There are many vegetarian options available if you want to buy outside. But one cannot eat out daily health and monetary factors both of them play their role here. So I cook.Also I have learned to eat frozen food items. Definitely my list of known vegetables has increased now.I have developed a liking for boiled vegetables,amaranth , brown rice, quince , persimmons and yes mashed avocados and who doesnt likes dressings of cilantro lime or olive oil + balsamic vinegar dressing on their salads :)


I have to edit this post. I forgot to mention one major change that I clean my dishes each and every time I eat, or drink anything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment