Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Judaism and Zoroastrianism

Today while having lunch, Paul asked me what is the general perception of people of India regarding drinking liquor . I gave him full account of how ancient Indian society was divided and how its considered a sin in few sects of society but what is the contemporary view and all that. He told me there is a festival Purim in which its allowed to drink in Judaism.
He told me that he is a Jew but doesn't go to synagogue often.I got my concepts cleared for the differences between Judaism and Christianity. Old testament and the new one.
I didn't know that Jews believe in the messiah and that it hasn't come on earth yet. So it was nice insight for me. I always got confused between Jews and Parsis of India. Now I know the latter follow Zoroastrianism and go to fire temples and of course they were Persians.
Then we started discussing Dan Brown.I totally savor such conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment